Sidebar: Last night when I was looking ahead at what today's post would be, at first glance, I could've sworn it said furniture instead of future. Why would I care what my furniture will be like? Then I looked again. I must've been pretty tired when I read that.
I almost feel like I should just post a link to my bucket list. Because what is a bucket list if not a list of hopes for the future? Yeah, I posted a link to the bucket list. But here are some of my hopes for the future.
- I hope I'm able to retire someday.
- I hope I get an Olympic gold medal in curling.
- I hope I marry the love of my life.
- I hope I meet the love of my life.
- I hope I finally make it on to Jeopardy!
- I hope I make the time to actually finish one of the 37 novels I've attempted to start over the years.
- I hope I get it published.
- I hope that DC Comics re-couples Lois and Clark in continuity again. (That whole Superman/Wonder Woman coupling just isn't natural.)
- I hope I get a hippopotamus for Christmas.
- I hope I get a chance to ride a roller coaster this summer.
- I hope I'm able to someday go on that epic cross-country road trip.
- I hope I can live the Big Brother house for a summer.
- I hope I can figure out how to loft my bed so I can make a little extra room in my room.
"Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness." - The Architect, The Matrix Reloaded
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
So The Matrix sequel was pretty bad. But Shawshank was awesome.