Here's the thing. I don't pay attention to astrology. I don't buy into that stuff. I think it's a lot of random vagueness that makes no sense. So I've had to do some research on the subject.
For some time now, I've been aware of the fact that I'm a Pisces. This is due to the fact that I was born on March 6. According to an article on the interwebz, here are 10 characteristics of a Pisces. I'll include my thoughts on if that matches my personality...
- Oversensitive - I don't think I'm oversensitive. I feel like I'm pretty good at letting things go. I really don't let things bother me.
- Compassionate - I'll buy this one. I think, as a counselor, if I didn't have a decent compassionate streak, I wouldn't be very good at my job. Though I will say I believe my compassion has its limits.
- Indecisive - Okay, this is definitely me. I'm one of those guys who will stand around with a group of people after church for 15 minutes trying to decide on a place to have lunch, despite the fact that my stomach is actively shrinking.
- Dreamer and Artistic - I don't know about the dreamer part. I don't sit around daydreaming about places I want to go or things I want to do or people I want to meet. But I do like doing the creative artistic stuff.
- Escapist - If escapist means that I like to get away from people from time to time, then yes, I could be considered escapist.
- Adaptive - If adaptive means that I can think on my feet and go with the flow, then yes, I'm adaptive.
- Self-Pitying - Okay, this one I'm not sure about. I think I can be self-pitying on occasion, but I think those occasions are rare. I don't see the point in feeling sorry for myself when I could do something to change my situation and make things better.
- Social - HA!
- Idealist - I don't think of myself as an idealist. I feel like I'm guided more by practicality than ideals.
- Romantic and Love-Struck - I don't know why these two things are necessarily grouped together. No, it makes sense. But I feel like I have the potential to be one and not the other. I don't consider myself someone who is easily love-struck. Maybe when I was younger. But not these days. I'm too logical for that kind of nonsense. But on the romantic side, I feel like I could easily display that characteristic if given the opportunity. Guess I'll just have to find a girl who'll let me.
Reading up on my alleged Pisces personality has not convinced me that astrology is a legit thing that I should be paying attention. At all.