Vanessa asks, "If you had one afternoon here on earth that Jesus came to meet you for coffee, etc., what would you want to ask Him or pick His brain about?"
So, basically, I've got the Creator of the universe sitting across from me at the Starbucks? And I can ask Him anything at all? Where do I begin?
- What's the deal with black holes? Are they vortexes that lead to other dimensions or times? Do they just crush things that get pulled in?
- What's the correct plural form of the word vortex? Was I right with vortexes or is it vorteces?
- Can you explain how dinosaurs fit into the history of creation? If so, please explain.
- What about the first people? Was it really just Adam and Eve to start things off? Where did Mrs. Cain come from? Was it his sister? And what about the city Cain built after he killed Abel? A city implies a large group of people that comprise a community and, if that's the case, where did that population come from? If they're all Adam & Eve's unmentioned offspring, did they have a problem living in town with a brother who killed their other brother?
- Is it okay that I sometimes question the logistics of things I read in the Bible? I do have faith to get me through it all, but that hasn't stopped me from being a logical thinker.
- Okay, really, what was the smoke monster from Lost?
- Did it hurt? (I know, dumb question.)
- Does it still hurt whenever I commit a sin?
- Is it possible to be free of temptation here on earth? I know it's possible to resist temptation, it would just be easier if temptation wasn't a thing.
- How many stars are there?
- Is there intelligent life on another planet?
- How many hairs are on my head? (I won't go behind You and count. I'll just take Your word for it.)
- Am I gonna go bald?
- Will I ever get married?
- If so, do you think you could equip her with a big neon sign over her head that only I could see? I'm not so great with the striking up conversations with random people. A neon sign that said "THIS IS THE ONE" would be a nice icebreaker.
- Are ghosts real? Or are they like I've believed for some time: demons that take the form of people's loved ones to confuse and deceive?
- Do You wanna build a snowman?
- What's Your favorite food?
- What's Your favorite book of the Bible? Favorite verse? Feel free to pick of Your own quotes, I won't think it's conceited.
That's it for now. Keep those questions coming!