Welcome to the third of a five part series of questions. Thanks again to Elizabeth at best.day.ever. for posting all 100 questions in one place and for not complaining too much when I said I was going to steal them for my own blog. If you missed the first parts, 1-20 are here and 21-40 are here. Enjoy!
41. Write the first sentence of your obituary. Aaron Lee Peck, bestselling author and inventor of the thing that changed the face of western civilization, died at the age of 97 due to complications from being too awesome.
42. What is the best TV theme song ever? Might have to go with Growing Pains. Classic.
43. When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up? Teacher
44. When you're alone in your own home, do you walk around naked? When I lived alone, yes. These days, I have a roommate. So the nudity only occurs within the confines of my own room.
45. What gets you out of bed in the morning? My alarm clock.
46. Do you want to have more friends than you have right now? Not necessarily. I just wish the ones I have were closer.
47. What part of the past year sticks out in your mind? Moving. Twice.
48. You win a scratch-off lottery game that gives you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life. Do you keep your job? I'd probably keep doing what I'm doing, but on a voluntary basis. If that's allowed. Why pay me to do something I enjoy if I don't need to be paid for it?
49. Could you be in a long-distance relationship? If you're in one, what makes yours work? I've never attempted a short-distance relationship. I really don't think I could deal with long-distance.
50. What's the best route to your heart? Through the Candy Cane Forest and over Gum Drop Mountain. But you really need to avoid the Chocolate Swamp. That place is just a mess. Especially during rush hour.
51. Have you ever met someone through the internet, and then met them in real life? A couple times. And I'd do it again in the right situations.
52. What is your favorite sport? Baseball
53. What has been troubling you lately? Finances. I mean, I don't worry that much about it. It's just that I do have a few weeks during the summer when I don't work and, therefore, do not get paid for that time. When those weeks come up on the pay schedule, makes it kind of hard to make the ends meet.
54. Did you enjoy your high school prom? If you haven't gotten there yet, do you look forward to it? If you didn't go, why not? I didn't go. And it's because I kind of had a date, but then I got the call a few weeks before the prom and she let me know she wanted to go with someone else who had also asked her. That didn't feel great, but it really wasn't that big a deal. I went to the after party and won a $100 door prize. Not too shabby.
55. What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning? Logical reasoning, without question.
56. Do you know what makes you happy? Not really. Happiness is a fleeting emotion. When I find it, I try to enjoy it for as long as I can, however it may come.
57. Tell me about the last book you read. Safe Haven, by Nicholas Sparks. Which reminds me, I should probably get around to writing my thoughts about it in a blog post. Anyway, I know I swore off Sparks books after the whole At First Sight fiasco. But then I got into the books on CD while I was driving back and forth from Roanoke to Indian Valley for work. I listened to True Believer, the book that took place before At First Sight. Which reminds me, I should probably write my thoughts about that one in a blog post too. I'm really slacking on the blog, huh?
58. What is the nicest compliment you've ever been given? "You remind me of your father."
59. Who was your first crush? Olivia Newton-John
60. Do you believe that there is life on other planets? If there's not, it just seems like there's an awful lot of space out there for nothing.