15 Facts About You
I feel like I did my 100 Random Facts About Me post really recently. It's been eight and a half months, but it still feels recent. I mean, it was a hundred facts. That's a lot. Do you know how hard it is to be that random? Well, I was looking back through it and found that some of those facts have changed. So I'll consider these 15 facts an addendum to that previous post. And so without further gilding the lily and no more ado, I give you 15 facts about me.
1. I no longer live in Wake Forest, NC. I am back in my home town of Roanoke, VA.
2. I am no longer, technically, a bank teller. But I still do a lot of teller style work.
3. I'm still not entirely content with my line of work. I'm making do.
4. On the plus side, I no longer need that second job delivering pizza. But if you think I'm disclosing how much I make now, you've got another thing coming, buster!
5. I still feel kind of pathetic when I go back and read number 26 on my original list of random facts. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's okay. It might be a little embarrassing for me if you make a special trip to that post to find out what number 26 is.
6. I don't drive the '98 Escort anymore. Jade died. I now drive a '08 Toyota Yaris. I call her Half-Pint. She's just the darlinest thing you ever saw.
7. I worry that I didn't make the right decision by moving back to Roanoke. But I'm thankful for the friends I have here and the good times I've had so far. I look forward to what the next months/years will bring.
8. I feel a little bad that my cousin and his family moved from Roanoke to Wake Forest and then six months later I moved from Wake Forest to Roanoke. Don't get me wrong, they didn't move there to be near me. He's there for school. Still, I feel a little bad for moving so soon after they got there.
9. I canceled my Netflix subscription last month. I feel like a part of me is missing.
10. A staple of my diet these days is really cheap frozen pizza. It's actually not that bad considering it only costs a dollar. Don't judge me, I don't have my own kitchen anymore. I have to get by on stuff that my roommates won't steal.
11. I'm not sure I like living with roommates. It's been so long. I've really taken my alone time for granted all these years.
12. Here's another positive to being in Roanoke: I don't get as many headaches here as I did in NC. I totally blame the environment. I'm pretty sure I'm more allergic to something in the air down there than I am here in Virginia. That's not to say I don't get headaches. They're just not as frequent these days. It's kind of nice.
13. As much as I complained about only getting 35 hours a week in my old position, I kind of miss having my Wednesdays off.
14. I want a smart phone so bad. I just can't justify the purchase or the upgrade to my calling plan.
15. I am fast. To give you a reference point I am somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.