If this contest is new information for you, click here to find out a little more about the Greenbrier Classic and why I'm giving anything away in the first place. Are you caught up? So now you know that I have a pair of tickets to the entire event and I'm looking for a plus one to the events that I'll be attending. Those events are as follows:
- Tim McGraw concert - Thursday, July 28 at 8pm
- Round 2 of the golf tournament - All Day Friday, July 29
- Black Eyed Peas concert - Friday, July 29 at 9pm
- Round 3 of the golf tournament - All Day Saturday, July 30
- Miranda Lambert and Keith Urban concert - Saturday, July 30 at 8pm
Below you'll find a number of questions that comprise a trivia test. The questions are all about me. It was easy to come up with questions about me because I'm kind of an expert on the subject. If you don't know me, or don't know me well, don't worry. All of the answers to these questions can be found somewhere on this blog in past posts.
The rules are fairly simple. Answer the questions to the best of your ability and send your answers directly to my e-mail address: email@example.com. Take your time with it, you have until noon this Sunday to submit your answers. The winner will be the entry with the highest score. In the event of a tie, a random number generator will provide a winner by drawing someone at random.
Please note, the winner must be able to provide his or her own transportation to the Roanoke area. I'm happy to drive to the Greenbrier for the events but, unfortunately, I won't be able to provide more transportation than that. Also, the winner may been on his or her own for meals. I'm not sure how expensive the local eateries around the Greenbrier will be, so I can't guarantee that I'll be able to afford food for myself. Remember, I won these tickets in a contest myself and, unfortunately, it didn't come with a cash allowance for food and travel.
Was that enough of a buzzkill? I hope not. I hope you still want to play along. I'm hoping that you'll find this as fun as I am in making up these questions. Bear in mind, the prize isn't that you get to hang out with me all weekend, that's really just a bonus. The prize is the chance to go to an awesome golf tournament and three great concerts. Please get out a No. 2 pencil and we will begin.
Multiple Choice (5 points each)
1. What was the original title of this blog?
a. Carp Dime
b. The Single Guy
c. Sarcasm: A Free Service
2. Where did I spend my 27th birthday?
c. Chuck E. Cheese
3. When is my birthday?
a. March 6, 1980
b. March 9, 1981
c. February 29, 1980
4. I have 2 favorite cereals. What are they?
a. Rice Krispies and Honey Nut Cheerios
b. Frosted Flakes and Cinnamon Toast Crunch
c. Lucky Charms and Fruity Pebbles
5. Where had I been living for the last 4 years?
a. Raleigh, NC
b. Roanoke, VA
c. Wake Forest, NC
6. What was the name of my preschool girlfriend?
7. I recently bought a car. What kind of car did I get?
a. Ford Focus
b. Toyota Yaris
c. Chevy Aveo
8. What is my favorite color?
9. Who is the greatest super-hero of all time?
b. Green Lantern
10. What is my greatest fear?
11. Who is the worst character in literary history?
a. Mr. Darcy - Pride and Prejudice
b. Bella Swan - Twilight
c. Severus Snape - Harry Potter
12. During college, what restaurant calmed our 3am food cravings?
b. Omelet Shoppe
c. Waffle House
13. Wat is my biggest pet peeve?
a. People who don't use a turn signal
b. Pets dressed up as people
c. People who believe mime is a legitimate profession
14. What was the last movie I reviewed for this blog?
a. Green Lantern
b. The Apartment
c. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
15. What is the last book I reviewed for this blog?
a. Jurassic Park
b. The Lost World
c. The Dead Zone
True/False (5 points each)
16. I sometimes refer to myself in the 3rd person as "The Single Guy."
17. I don't miss living in North Carolina at all.
18. My favorite comedy is Community.
19. I describe the song Jar of Hearts as "hauntingly beautiful."
20. The name of my dead green Escort was Kilowog.
Short Answer (5 points each)
21. Name the 3 women I had a crush on while working the bank drive thru.
22. With whom did I attend my first Salem Red Sox game?
23. While living in Wake Forest, what did I do for a 2nd job?
24. I described one of my current roommates as a cross between what 2 celebrities?
25. Each Friday I have a regular blog post. What is it called?
Essay (25 points)
Based on information that you can glean from this blog, what would you plan in celebration of my next birthday if you were put in charge?
Good luck to all those participating. Again, take your time in answering these questions and when you've finished, submit your answers to my personal e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to attend the Classic but still want to play along, feel free to answer the questions, just make a note in the e-mail that you don't want to be considered for the prize. Thanks and have fun!