- I spent the first few hours of each of the first two years in the Emergency Room. Once was for a dislocated shoulder. The other was for bronchitis. Neither of those were fun experiences.
- I saw hundreds of movies, but none of them were able to top Back to the Future for me.
- I spent time in a country other than the United States. Twice.
- I started and dropped out of graduate school. Twice.
- I changed career paths. Twice. (And would really like to do that again please.)
- I lost a parent.
- I gained a step-parent.
- I played a role in no fewer than eight weddings.
- Two of those marriages have ended in divorce. Take that, national average!
- I've stopped talking to friends I had at the beginning of the decade that I thought I'd be close to for the rest of my life.
- I've become closer to some people than I ever thought I would at the beginning of the decade.
- I didn't go fishing. Not once.
- Pretty sure I only went camping twice.
- I can't imagine how I made it through college without a cell phone. 'Cause now, I can't imagine why I would possibly need a land line.
- While I enjoyed living with each of the six roommates I had in the last ten years, now that I've had a taste of living on my own, I'm not sure I could go back to having a roommate again.
- I haven't had a single pet of any kind in this decade.
- I don't think another TV show will ever engross me the way Lost did.
- I thought Bob Barker would be on The Price is Right forever. I was wrong.
- I thought I would be making more money than I am now. I was way wrong.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
My Decade Decoded
The last ten years had a lot of ups and downs. I'm pretty sure I can't list them all, but I think I can hit the high points...