Wow, I'm at the end of the day and I nearly forgot to write something on this here blog. I look at the clock and it's 10:30pm as I begin these sentences. And what's my excuse for putting it off this long? I have none.
My final class of the day was canceled this morning. So between 11:30am and around 5:30 this afternoon, I sat here doing next to nothing. I think tonight I'm just gonna post some random thoughts as they pop into my head. We'll see how this goes. I can probably promise something better tomorrow...
- I'm watching John McCain's speech at the Republican National Convention, and can't help but feel sorry for him. He's gotta know he's not as dynamic a speaker as his opponent. And I also feel like a lot of the audience is clapping and cheering out of pity or because some Applause light is flashing.
- And did I just see Britney Spears in the audience?
- I took a Baptist History quiz today. Was really psyched to get a 68. And that's not sarcasm.
- You know, for a group of malnourished, depression-era orphans, the girls from Annie have a whole lot of energy.
- Sporks are just inconvenient. There was a time when I thought the spork was the greatest invention of the 20th century. I was wrong. Could be that I just liked saying the word spork.
- I've been having some weird dreams lately. I'm thinking of turning them into short stories.
- There are times when I think I could live on Frosted Flakes.
- For my birthday (back in March) Mom got me a framed Superman collectible. I still haven't hung it on the wall.
- There's a clock that is hanging on the wall that ran down about six months ago and I just haven't wound it back up. It runs slow anyway.
- Every day that I go to the bank for work, I dread it a little more than the one before.
- Tomorrow I have to work all day. Ask me how much I dread it.
- I've never ridden out a hurricane before. Hanna looks like she's coming our way. If I get real freaked out I'm going to the Greenehouse.